LIST OF GAMES WITH NO CHEATS - POST ANY FOR THESE HERE

This forum is the archive of arcade cheats that have already been added to the current or the next release of the cheat file.
Tourniquet

Post by Tourniquet »

Code: Select all

; [ Super Triv II ]
:supertr2:60000000:00000000:00000000:FFFFFFFF:[Watch out for these values ]
:supertr2:60000000:00000000:00000000:FFFFFFFF:[     01=A,  02=B,  03=C    ]
:supertr2:00000006:00004071:01000000:FFFFFFFF:Watch me for good answer
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

My reason list is there as an aid to my future cheat finding and to save myself time, it will hopefully help other cheat finders too but to be honest I doubt many of them ever actually look at the list - most just find cheats for the games that they want to play...I really don't have that luxury ;-( Some of the reasons are silly but they are valid reasons for myself.

Now my comments:
Reason 2: Does our inability to comprehend how the game works mean an unsuccessful attempt at cheat finding, so that it can also be cited under reason 3?
The fact is if I quoted reason 2 I know that I've looked at the game and I haven't got much of a chance of success. Whilst Reason 3 just means that I haven't really bothered looking much if at all, 3 is just a catch all reason for when I can't give it another reason.
Reason 4: Should this one even exist anymore, now that no game can be cited under this reason?
I left reason 4 in for historical reasons and so it wouldn't screw up the reason numbering and I wouldn't have to renumber. It can really be deleted now I guess.
Reason 5: This seems like a combination of reasons 1 and 3 to me. To me, how it works is that when it's fixed, the reason 1 designation is taken off and the reason 5 designation is tacked on - but the last part of the reason 5 designation would make it similar to a reason 3 designation. Hence, why not just remove reason 5 and cite games under Reason 5 to be under Reason 3 instead?
A valid point, and I've used this reason very little in the past anyway. I'll add it to a reworded Reason 8 though
Reason 7: Again, this is too close to Reason 3.
Reason 7 is a special case - cheats are possible and it'll be a challenge to find them, it's a way of getting other cheat finders interested. In fact it was
a reason 7 game that first made me think of a way of doing dynamic cheats (RAC). If this reason is quoted I personally have gone the extra mile trying to find cheats for it first - and it identifies the game as a challenge for when I fancy something a little more testing.
Reason 8: See Reason 7.
This reason is purely for games added (or now fixed) in the latest MAME versions - it's just a way of identifying the virgin games ripe for 'plucking'.
Reason 9: Metal Slug X is part of MAME. Change this to something like "Metal Slug 4". The word "beta" should also be removed. But seriously, unofficial games in the cheat file is given on an "as-discovered" basis - why do we even have this reason? If we have cheats, fine, and if we don't, we don't.
You are of course correct, the reason is that at one time the standard MAME wasn't enough to satisfy my cheat finding 'desires' and I started looking at the TESTDRIVER games as an exercise and thought Reason 9 would help me identify those games. The fact is I've never used this reason as most of the TESTDRIVERS don't work anyway. But, if MAME releases slow down these maybe the only games we have to play with and it would be handy to add the playable ones to the list.
Reason 10: Is this even a legitimate reason, now that we do have RACs and a method of finding RACs?
You are of course quite correct, I'll reword it....dynamic cheats take longer to find and it's a way of distinguishing them, when there's more
time to find them (some of them may be quite tricky especially if the memory region it dynamically links to is a few K in size rather than the normal 256 bytes.)
Reason 11: Would this fit with Reason 3?
No not really, I added this as at the time I was the only one adding sports games - and it was doing my head in (just imagine you finding all those cheats for fighter games if you hated the genre). They are not really Reason 3 as I've looked at the game and just wasn't in the mood ;-) Reason 3 to be honest is obsolete if any of them is, the game should be a Reason 8 first then either cheats should be found or it should change to one of the other reasons..
Reason 13: I think it's merely a subset of reason 11. Essentially, it's passing up this game for others... Thus, games cited unter Reason 13 should really be Reason 11.
You are of course correct, but as there's so many Mahjong games I thought it was better for them to have a category of their own especially as it seems some people are only interested in finding cheats for Mahjong games, and this marks them for their attention if nothing else (if they ever do look at this list that is...).

Overall, I think the reason list should be redefined to the following:

1. The game is not working in a well enough capacity to find cheats.
2. Cheats exist, but, for any reason, they are not in the file.
3. Cheats exist, but they are of little or no value.

and the default reason if none of the three are cited: There has been no previous successful attempts to find cheats because of any number of reasons.
Well I've cut the reasons down from 13 to 11 and renumbered them....I'll update the list later
Last edited by Pugsy on Fri Apr 18, 2003 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Pugsy

Post by Pugsy »

Tourniquet

Cheers for the cheats, why do you always disappear from IRC as I'm about to speak to you....it's uncanny!

I posted supertr2 cheats higher in the thread though....it's nice being able to search for quiz game cheats when you can actually read the answers and have a fairly good chance of answering them right for once. Just a pity all english quiz games are of the gambling type :(

Anyway, my point is there is a new format for watchpoint cheats which makes comments redundant - check out the supertr2 cheats I posted earlier. I've already been through the cheat file and converted all the quiz cheats to this method wherever possible.
Pugsy

Servicing your cheating needs since 1985 8)

Grab the latest cheat collection:
MAME 0.264 XML cheat collection (3 APRIL 2024) from http://www.mamecheat.co.uk or direct from:-
https://mega.nz/file/SxsQUJoT#jBdz6GLm_ ... QzFGSMms2c (ZIP Archive 3.8 MB)
Tourniquet

Post by Tourniquet »

Pugsy wrote:Cheers for the cheats, why do you always disappear from IRC as I'm about to speak to you....it's uncanny!
LOL, I'm only on peak lately. So I vanish at 6pm :)
I posted supertr2 cheats higher in the thread though
Doh!
Okay, I'll use the new cheat things in future.

And now some crap...
These games are both a pain.
for shufshot the scores are worked out on the fly from the position of the pucks. But at least there is a working time cheat.

:shufshot:00000000:004375:00000009:FFFFFFFF:Infinite Time
:shufshot:00010000:00437B:0000006C:FFFFFFFF:Infinite Time (2/2)
Also, a pain. I'll play more but it's annoying too.

:vcircle:00000000:120005C5:00000012:FFFFFFFF:Infinite Credits
:vcircle:60000000:00000000:00000000:FFFFFFFF:[ Use on char select ]
:vcircle:00000000:120051FF:0000000A:FFFFFFFF:PL1 = Dredlock
:vcircle:00000000:120051FF:0000000B:FFFFFFFF:PL1 = Waryar
:vcircle:00000000:12005173:0000000A:FFFFFFFF:PL2 = Dredlock
:vcircle:00000000:12005173:0000000B:FFFFFFFF:PL2 = Waryar